Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Racism



Racism is still very well alive and kicking in community all throughout the world. No matter who you are, where you are from or what community you belong to, Racism exists and it slowly tears us apart. It is even more lethal and dangerous than any other diseases combined. There have been hundreds of wars on racism, Thousands of people were, are killed just because some races feel that they are more superior than the other races. They are attempting to promote the supremacy of their races by discriminating those whose races are different from their own. They feel the need to put other races aside just because they’re different.
Sometimes it just blows my mind to think of how ignorant, ruthless, dumb people can be over a trivial matter such as race. I mean, we’re equally created, weren’t we?. People of all different races are equal in the eyes of God, that is if you believe in God at all. We are all the same on the inside, like a friend of mine used to say “cut your skin off and there would be blood coming out, and it’s red” No one has green blood that for sure, well unless you’re an alien from “The Alien versus Predator movie” now that’s understandable. Though a person’s skin color defines their race and places them into a specific ethnic group, it doesn’t give them the right to feel that they’re above everyone else. If God were here with us now He certainly wouldn’t like it since He created us all just equal.
Having lived in this part of the world whole my life I know what it feels like to be seen as an outsider, and judged based on the ethnicity I belong to. My parents were from different city who emigrated here in search of a better life because life was hard back then where they came from, it was too overpopulated, jobs were scarce and there’s stomach needed to be fed so they moved here. Over the course of several years we faced tons of racism, physically and mentally. Physical wound is easy to heal but mental wound is not. So you can probably imagine what life must have been like for a child of 6 year old coping with this racism issue. Bullying was just another part of life for me, it happened on a daily basis. I was just so small so I couldn’t do anything about it, what I didn’t understand was why they did this to me. I was just the same person as they were, nothing made me look less human except for the fact that I’m of a different ethnic. I shared the same religious background as them but why did they keep perpetuating the mean, stupid remarks to me. I just didn’t understand, even now I still don’t understand. Doesn’t our religion teach us to respect others, love your brothers and sisters? I hate to say this but I guess me being bullied and hated by the same people who shared the same religious background as me has something to do with the way I view my own religion… If they would do that to me whose belief is the same then what would they do to others whose beliefs are completely different from theirs. 
It's odd that people would hate you not because of the things that you did, but they hate  you because of the group, ethnicity, or race you belong to, asian, black, white, etc. As I was saying early, we can't change what we were born with, so by discriminating people just because they look different is so darn wrong. There no such  thing as a superior race, there's only unfairness and stupidness to make us believe that there's a superior race.


0 comments:

Post a Comment